Provide an educational bridge between policy makers, the general public, and the scientific literature associated with all aspects of global warming and related climate change research. Evaluate and advocate for solutions to the climate crisis.
Our Mission is to Educate, engage and advocate with the public and policy makers to mitigate climate change to protect global security and natural ecosystems.
1) Provide policy makers and the general public with information on how national security is threatened by climate change both domestically and globally and the actions needed to shape government planning and policy making.
2) Provide information on climate change and how it impacts and threatens: Agriculture, Coastal Areas, Energy Sources, Environment, Health and Infectious Diseases, Transportation, Refugee Flows, Fisheries, Forests, Water Resources, Tourism, Recreation, and Commerce.
3) Provide information on the capability and capacity of the US Government to gather Earth and climate data from space, air, ocean, and land-based instruments and associated climate programs. Examine and report on the results and consequences of funding for these instruments and programs through the budget process; provide education to protect these funds from budget cuts.
We are committed to the following values:
1) Integrity - Derive our information from highly regarded and peer-reviewed scientific, non-government, and government publications. Judiciously reference these sources in our documents.
2) Social good - Our work is driven to promote the social good of world populations: recommendations to resolve a climate issue in one region will not harm populations and ecosystems in other regions.
3) Non-partisan - Our analysis of the scientific literature and resultant reports shall be politically non-partisan.