Impacts to California by 2100:
· Projected Temperature Rise - Approx. 10 - 15°F
· Projected Sea Level Rise with major storms: Approx. 9 ft
· Increase risk of Drought impacting food supply, forests, and reliable water supply
· Increase severity and frequency of Atmospheric River Storms
· Drastic change in ecological habitats effects forests, agriculture, estuaries, etc.
· More frequent and intense wildfires, floods, mudslides
· Impact on Public Health
· Projected Economic Impacts to many Sectors (agriculture, recreation, etc.) and infrastructure
· Current California climate change and trends will persist at least through ~2040.
· Continued economic dependence on fossil fuels will constrain foreign policy and continue to degrade our air and water quality.
· Eliminating fossil fuels as significant energy source will be a gift to future generations.